The search engine; it is a reveled commodity in the world of online porn. It is the poor man’s tool to gaining high quality traffic and the wealthy man’s tool to drive an empire. Back in the golden age of the Internet, the search engines were easily manipulated and it was not so difficult to push your site into the higher ranks. Now that we are in what I like to refer to as the “dark age” of the Internet, manipulating and tricking your way through the ranks of the search engines is not as feasible. Sure, there are companies out there that claim to be able to help you get to the top or will give you the secrets of the search engines for a price, but it is much cheaper and more effective to go the more time consuming route, which is to strive for a good listing on your own and by worthy methods. Forget tips, tricks, and secrets. Instead, put in an honest effort to make your site more search engine friendly as well as submit your site to the SE’s the good old-fashioned way. I have compiled a little list of helpful suggestions (not tips… hahaha) that should aid you in this quest.
1. Study – The best way to find out what it takes to get a good listing at the various search engines is to see what other people are doing. Using keywords that are suitable for your site, do a search on the SE where you wish to get listed. Have a look at the top sites that come up and study them to see what they might be doing in order to receive their good listing. Check out their content, page titles, site layout and meta tags to get an idea of how you can improve your site for submission to the major search engines.
2. Check your domain - Make sure that your domain name is relevant to your site or content. Ensure that you use this domain name in the keywords for your site in order to increase your rankings. Have your domain name similar to either the name of your company or contain keywords that describe the primary content offered.
3. Have a sturdy host – Ensure that you have yourself set up with a reputable, reliable host. The number one cause to a search engine ranking death is to have your site down when it is your turn to be spidered. This catastrophe can cause you a potential setback of one or several months with some of the larger search engines.
4. Re-vamp your content – If your targeted key words or phrases involve language that revolves around the big tit niche then you better make sure that you have big tit content on your site. Search engines want sites that contain high quality content. If you can provide this in the subject that you have put forth, then you will be more apt to receive a good listing.
5. Optimize, optimize, optimize – Take the time to ensure that you create meta tags for every one of your sites pages including site description, phrases, and keywords. You will want to make certain that the keywords and phrases that you use in your meta tags are repeated on the page that you are creating them for. Do not put words or phrases in your meta tags that are not used on that particular page. Also, review your page layouts to verify that they are optimized for search engine review. You will want your pages to be clean and error free. You will want to also blend your keyword content into the look of your site instead of lumping it all before or after your content. Also remember that pages that are heavily graphical are much harder to index than textual based pages.
6. Get into the algo ‘rithm’ – Every search engine has their own unique formula that they use to factor in a combination of search engine criteria including meta tags, content, link popularity, and keyword weight. These formulas (or algorithms) are frequently changed and vary between the search engines. You will want to ensure that your site is ready for any algorithm that a search engine may throw your way by creating doorway pages and by enabling your site to be search engine friendly for all criteria.
7. Do-it-yourself – When it comes to submitting your site, do not be lazy. Do not use software or automated submission scripts when submitting your site to the larger search engines. Submitting by these means is often unreliable and sometimes even a violation of the search engine policy. Take the extra time to submit to the engines manually and you will ensure that your submission is thorough and proper.
8. Read the rules – Each search engine has it’s own set of submission rules. Read them carefully and follow them to avoid your site getting left in the dust or even red-flagged.
These eight suggestions are merely guidelines to use when preparing to submit your site to search engines. It is not a foolproof plan to get listed, nor do I believe that such a thing actually exists. By using the honest and diligent methods outlined above for search engine submission, you will ensure that your process is error free and optimized for good listings.